I mean, I don't HATE it. I guess it can be pretty exciting at times, but I'm a football kind of girl. Where you can knock people on their asses or clean the fcuk out but it's okay because it's part of the game! That's where my heart lies.
But there's my disclaimer. So with that said...I cannot BELIEVE the flack Lebron James is getting for leaving Cleveland and going to Miami. Burning his jersey?? The owner blasting him in an open letter to the fans?? The more days that go by the more upset I get. He betrayed you?? After 7 years and no ring he BETRAYED you?? For 7 years he was your golden child but now that he's leaving he was a curse because he never won a ring?! To the put the weight and success of a team/franchise squarely on the shoulders of ONE 25-year-old man is ABSURD. If I was a player for the Cavs I'd feel like I just got shitted on because you're basically saying that my presence on the team is irrelevant. Because my name aint Lebron James.
I understand he was your revenue generator for the past 7 years but come on. Clearly he wasn't happy. I don't know about yall but I for damn sure ain't gonna stay somewhere I'm not happy (Just look how often I change jobs). And he signed for a lower amount so that the team would be able to bring on other free agents (I've taken a pay cut too). If a man takes LESS money to go to another team for happiness and the potential to win a ring, what's the big deal? Isn't that what players enter the NBA and the NFL for?? To show off their talent, get rich, and WIN A RING?! I'm no sports expert so maybe I'm missing something. But if memory serves me correctly, the maximum sentence for indentured servitude was 7 years. Did he not fulfill the requirement, Dan Gibson?
Okay so maybe he didn't go about announcing his decision the best way but then HE DONATED IT ALL TO CHARITY!! Close to $2.5 million to the Boys and Girls Club of America. Which also got a chance to advertise during the hour-long special. And you know these ragamuffins these days need as much guidance as they can get. Oh but that still makes him selfish right?? Fcuk outta here.
Man Lebron congratulations. And Savannah call me if you need backup to keep these hoes away.
1 comment:
+1 for the Will Smith video.
...I'm sorry but that shit is hilarious.
-B
Post a Comment