Okaayyy so I know I'm a little late but I finally read Steve Harvey's "Act Like A Lady, Think Like A Man":

.....GOOD SHIT! LOL I know much of what he said should be common sense for every grown woman, but the man drops some knowledge. Much of which I already knew, but I got a much better understanding of some things that had me stumped at times. But here are what I feel were the most important and useful points of the book (in my Cliffnotes version, lol):
**Unless he feels like he has established himself as a man, he's not going to establish you as his woman. If he's really the one you want to be with, sit your ass down til it's your turn! Don't try to force him into anything because he'll resent you for it, and honestly, if he's a real man, he won't stand for it. Get a man with goals, short-term and long-term. If he doesn't even have his short-term figured out ain't NO WAY you're going to be incorporated into his long-term.
**Men are simple creatures. Minimalists that thrive off of basic male necessities. Ladies, you know how we say the smallest things make us happy? The same thing goes for him! As Mr. Dave Chappelle says, "Make him a sandwich, play with his balls, and don't talk so much!" LMFAO no ladies I'm just kidding.
However, I must also add that just because you want a man with goals and a plan doesn't mean jump on the first man that comes along! Ladies let's set our standards high and expect the man we want to reach for the bar and go above and beyond. We've all got too much going for ourselves to settle for less than the best. And as friends we need to keep reminding each other how great we really are.
I cannot and will not get into all that he had to say but he did indeed give me validation and why I don't regret being single since 2004. Some men just ain't ready for it! LOL (but no seriously), this has also given me time to grow and mature as woman into the person I want myself to be...to quote (don't judge me) Souljah Boy: "Be yourself, everybody else is already taken."
Seriously though ladies, it's a good read! It's not a man telling you how to live your life, it's a man offering some insight to a man's mind and how to handle certain situations. You're not obligated to take his advice. But don't say you weren't warned when he takes your cookie and runs and you wondering why his number don't work no mo'.
STAMP.
3 comments:
okay so i MUST read this then. it sounds like a good read. and girl i was single for YEARS myself then ended up with great relationships falling into my lap. i was SHOCKED that these great men kept finding me. now im with an awesome man who is so much like a best friend, a great lover, and has amazing goals and accomplishments. all because i quit forcing it and let it BE. decided to fall in love with ME first and wait for someone else to come along and love me too. great advice mama!
Girl I really loved it! In the way that only Steve Harvey can he laid it out!
great analysis...maybe ur next career should be as a book reviewer....wait, is that a paid position? well, i enjoyed.
Post a Comment